Imperium Vividae
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freelance website for the creative mind. Where anything you can dream up can be played out. Join us and see what we have to offer.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 37 on Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:30 pm
Statistics
We have 56 registered users
The newest registered user is Sedyr

Our users have posted a total of 3898 messages in 297 subjects
Affiliates
Suffer The Children
Lunari Addunt
Directories
RPGD Topsites
Shadowplay Topsites

Through Darker Days (Mature)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Frozenflame

Frozenflame

Through Darker Days (Mature) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Through Darker Days (Mature)   Through Darker Days (Mature) - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 8:04 pm

Darius seemed to fade off a bit, and couldn't help but to take a peek at the other beautiful citizens in the town. "Huh? uh, yeah.. yeah I totally noticed that crow." He said, blinking a few times like he just woke up from a nap. "But with everything that's happened so far, I'm actually pretty happy it's a crow following us and not anything dangerous." He spoke reassuringly. As if on cue, the crow parted ways with the couple temporarily when it was spotted. Darius looked at it from the corner of his eyes. "...And if it is suspicious, it doesn't really matter at this point. We don't have anything valuable. It's just wasting its time on us."

He felt pretty awkward when the three met up again. Darius was clear to be cautious and try not to do anything to anger the dragon any further. Instead, he decided that he could kick a few rocks on the ground to make it look like he was doing something when Emilia and Ezra were reunited. "Wait. If you know this crazy woman, shouldn't you talk to her?!" He said in a panicked voice after Emilia had given him what sounded like a million cautions. He sat at the side of the well with the rope tied to his waist. "You really need to warn me about these things from your past. I don't really like these types of surprises." Darius looked down at the dark well, then looked back at Emilia. "But, I guess that's what makes you interesting." He smiled, and descended into the dark abyss. 

Darius lightly pressed his back against one side of the well, and his feet on the other to prevent him from falling to his death. As he slowly came down, the bottomless abyss finally had a spark of light. As he traveled lower, it was apparent that this was no normal well. It was far too elaborate. It appeared to be a cave with crystals lodged into the walls of it, illuminating the room with a bright blue color. He landed on the rather wet and marshy ground. Looking around, he yelled out. "Bailey Bones! I have come for you!" He used the little bits of shadow in the well and had it circle around him as a protective barrier for anything to come. He continued to walk, hearing no reply at first. "Bailey Bones!" 

---

"Oh my. You two were serious." someone said. He emerged from behind the trees, revealing to be one of the two men selling slaves previously. He was smoking a cigar. "We searched both of you before you two woke up. Though I'm not too sure if you should be afraid of Bailey Bones. That boy... he is a Demon."
Back to top Go down
Elmina

Elmina

PostSubject: Re: Through Darker Days (Mature)   Through Darker Days (Mature) - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 6:59 pm

Emilia had stayed silent as they walked out of the building hearing Darius she laughed a bit. "It's probably because They know that I could have My Ezra eat them." she had said feeling accomplished. Then, Darius had made fun of her for getting scared. She lightly jumped as he hit her back, He was only being playful. And Emilia had smiled knowing that he was. Although she completely froze when he hugged her. The girl had blushed crazily even after he let go. She just made a weak smile and continued walking along the cobblestone Road. She had sighed. "So, the well is on the outside of the city. And We are in the center..." she had said, her voice trailing off as she looked up at the sky her eyes wandering around. She then looked to Darius. "Have you seen that Crow? I swear, that thing was following us all morning." she had told Darius shrugging. Though it was just a bird and she was probably getting worked up over nothing.

As they made it out of the city there was a stone well in the distance. The mighty Dragon hung by it too. It was like He knew where they were going. Emilia smiled seeing her friend and ran greeting him. "Ezra!" she exclaimed hugging the nozzle of the beast. "Bailey Bones..." she whispered looking to the well. When Darius had reached them Emilia sighed and stood in front of Darius. "Make sure, if she is alive, Don't say your name, your real name, and don't say mine. When your Real name is given, it allows a witch or anyone with dark magic, to control you. So, Just be careful." she had warned him. Then looking back to Ezra she sighed. "Another thing, Bailey Bones, was a cannibal, as you should know by now. She would consume children because she believed that she could stay young by doing so, Plus, for some reason, it helped her magic stay stronger...She also took care of me..." she had whispered the last part. "She's truly a monster. With no heart. And she can be dangerous, and if you get to close...then...who knows what she will do." she had practically sobbed. It was clear that Emilia's experience with this woman was not a positive one. "Just...overall...be careful Darius." she finally said leaning forward kissing him on the cheek. Shyly she turned around and looked to The Dragon. "Ezra, get rid of the bars please." she had requested. The Dragon leaned forward staring at the bars. He moved a claw over it and easily shattered them as they fell into the well Never seeming to end.
Back to top Go down
Frozenflame

Frozenflame

PostSubject: Re: Through Darker Days (Mature)   Through Darker Days (Mature) - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 3:49 pm

Darius didn't think that Emilia had any sense of sarcasm in her, and looked back at the men to see how they would react. Great, the two could have just gone in and asked about the information without going through all this trouble. He quickly stood up and was about to free Emilia until she had done it herself. Though, he didn't even have to move once when she mentioned the weapon. He knew exactly what she was talking about, and instead began to dust himself off. His eyes glanced up in curiosity once more. Were such 'powerful' men so easily scared? 

"She's dead, everyone says. Well, if I could see a corpse, I would believe it." Darius smiled and followed behind Emilia. Once they left and saw the outside world, they knew exactly where they were headed. To the well. "Those two were idiots." He laughed. "So they set up these guards... AND the gas and we got out of it so easily?" He looked to the side to see if the market had anything else that he could buy. "To top it all off, you looked so scared back there." He slapped Emilia's back while he bursted out laughing. "I'm just kidding. I love my dragon... tamer... sorcerer... whatever you want to be known as!" Darius gave her a friendly hug from behind, and wouldn't let go for a while. Secretly, when he embraced the girl, he thought about how gentle her body was. He didn't want to let go, even if they were in public. But eventually he let go because he was sure that he annoyed her quite a bit by now. Darius then walked side by side with her. 
Back to top Go down
Elmina

Elmina

PostSubject: Re: Through Darker Days (Mature)   Through Darker Days (Mature) - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 2:42 pm

The two men had watched as the two had woke up. Immediately Darius questioned them. "Bailey Bones?" the assistant had repeated looking to the auctioneer. The man shook his head. "You break into my Auction House, you humiliate, and harm my guards, and set free the slaves that I have, and you have the audacity to question me?" The man asked with his arms crossed angrily. Emilia stood up shakily. "Oh please, with everything we've done I think you could've learned a few things. Better security guards would be a good start." she snapped becoming angry herself. The assistant walked over grabbing Emilia. "Well, even though were supposed to be closing the Slave House down we could take these two sir." he had said as Emilia began to struggle free. "You two should be careful. Asking the wrong questions...to the wrong people." the Auctioneer had warned. The assistant chimed in. "In the wrong places." Emilia sighed. "Yes well, Darius and I have a secret weapon." she informed them. The auctioneer laughed. "You can't use your magic in here."
"I don't need magic. When I have my secret weapon." Emilia responded. The men had exchanged looks. They couldn't tell if the girl was being serious or not. "I have a friend named Ezra. He's not exactly too fond of...people." she had told the men with her arms crossed The assistant had taken a step back. "We don't personally know any sorcerer's...Bailey Bones, she was caught wondering around the fields at night murmering, and chanting. And kids were going missing...People from a nearby town had thrown her down a well and barred it shut..." the man had broke nervous of what would happen if they did not cooperate. The auctioneer growled. "But she's dead by now. It's been awhile since she was thrown in there." Emilia listened. She had all the information she needed. They would need to go to the well. Bailey Bones had to have something to do with the mystery warlock. Or maybe she was the person they were after. She turned to Darius. "Let's get out of here, we've wasted enough time." she had said heading back to the door.
Back to top Go down
Frozenflame

Frozenflame

PostSubject: Re: Through Darker Days (Mature)   Through Darker Days (Mature) - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 9:00 am

Darius raised his eyebrows when Emilia retorted about being abused. "Hey, look I didn't say that!" He tried to reason with her, but it was all in vain.

All he knew at this point was that they had to get out. The faster they ran, it seemed, the harder it became. It... it couldn't be that his body. No, it was the air itself. But by the time Darius realized it, he could feel himself slipping out of consciousness, and weakly reaching a hand out to Emilia. He tried to say something but no noises came from his mouth. 

He blinked a few times but completely opening his eyes. Darius watched in silence as Emilia panicked and tried to summon her magic. Then he glanced up at the pair of men standing before them. He glanced back at Emilia. He knew she was scared to be shipped off to slavery. "Look, don't freak out." He whispered. "We'll get out of here. Just. stay. calm." Then, Darius turned back at the auctioneers. After clearing his throat, he spoke. "So... I heard you might have information regarding sorcerers here. Perhaps evil ones? Like, uh, Bailey Bones?" He tried to change the subject, or at least get some information from the man before they escaped.

Back to top Go down
Elmina

Elmina

PostSubject: Re: Through Darker Days (Mature)   Through Darker Days (Mature) - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 12:52 am

Emilia growled as the people yelled for the guards. "Oh, so I guess its okay to be raped and abused." She thought sorry that she even offered to free them. Watching Darius she had smiled knowing he was different. Although she was not aware that he could use magic. As the remaining guard ran to Emilia she had faded. The man stopped in mid tracks. Emilia used all the force she could slamming the man into the cage with the remaining slaves. The man smiled feeling acomplished that he had the keys...or he thought he did. As he searched Emilia held the keys up taunting them. Then she turned and ran off catching up with Darius. "I'm sorry...I didn't know people preffered to be slaves.. ." She had said panting.She had sighed. "What do we do now?" She asked Darius curiously. Though, he wasn't given the chance to answer. Both Emilia and Darius could soon feel an terrible pain, as if suffocating from the lack of air. Until they had passed out, when the two would wake up, it would be on a expensive red rug in a rather large office that was dimmed. Standing in front of the office desk was the man who ran the auction house and his partner who held a sadistic grin. Emilia's eyes slowly opened. She sat up seeing the men and became scared. She tried to summon her powers but she couldn't use them. It was a barrier. There magic wouldn't work as long as they were in the room.
Back to top Go down
Frozenflame

Frozenflame

PostSubject: Re: Through Darker Days (Mature)   Through Darker Days (Mature) - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 10:09 pm

Darius followed right behind her, and listened to their conversation without much of a reaction. As soon as Emilia was next to him, she left his side. "H-hey! Don't do something rash!" He ran after her. "This isn't a good idea. We're here to find the cure to that curse... and why your energies are depleting. If we get involved in any of this, then it would even hinder our progress." He said with a rather stern voice. While the cage was opened, some slaves refused to come out from the cell. "I-I'm not going back into poverty!" Screamed one of them. "Guards, guards!" Called another. 

Darius gave a rather long sigh. "Well, how are we going to get any information out of the auctioneers now?" He mumbled. Two guards from a nearby room were the first to emerge. Their thick armor seemed to prevent any weapon from piercing them. Each had a large sword in their hands. "Get them!" Roared one of the guards. Darius looked at Emilia. "I get the guy on the right. You handle the one on the left. He looks easier to handle." Darius teased, even in such a moment.

Had Emilia thought of Darius as a normal human? If she had, then she would be proven wrong here. Similar to the orb of raw darkness he had summoned when Emilia's dragon broke out of the cavern, he called forth a sphere in his hand. Darius had the ability to manipulate the shadows around him and turn them into power. With that, he charged at the soldier on the right. He launched the orb at the man as a distraction. As soon as he took the bait and blocked it with his sword, the man's own shadows emerged and grabbed his legs. Unable to move, Darius came sprinting in for a powerful punch to the man's face. "Hurry up with your man." He said, and sprinted ahead, knowing she would catch up.

The second guard seemed a bit more defensive, and drew out a shield in one hand, and charged at Emilia with his sword firmly grasped in the other.
Back to top Go down
Elmina

Elmina

PostSubject: Re: Through Darker Days (Mature)   Through Darker Days (Mature) - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 9:55 pm

Emilia saw the potions. He had briefly explained them and made a smile. He was being honest and she admired it. The girl giggled as he bumped into her. "I've heard of that too. I didn't understand what they were planning. Emilia saw three guards or knights standing in a circle. They were talking about the slaves. Emilia hid behind the curtain with Darius and kept silent. "I'm telling you, that plague could very well be spreading. What if our city is next?" One guard hadsaid worriedly. "We don't have time for these slaves anymore. We should just let the ones who havent been sold go. And maybe just bring the real good ones with us." the other had said. The one who was silent was clearly of higher ranking and seemed rough. "We can't do that. The fact is that we have to keep people scared." he had informed the two. "You know as well As I do that the ones who work in our line of work, is safe." he had said with a grin. Emilia had seemed mad. "Jerks." she had whispered. She turned to see the stage. "Well, while we're here lets free them." she had said to Darius as she moved to a cage. It held several people cramped in a small space. Emilia.held a hand over the key hole and a light radiated from it. The cage door unlocked and she opened it for them. "They must be making last minute sells because many people arent here." she had said to Darius as others were let go.
Back to top Go down
Frozenflame

Frozenflame

PostSubject: Re: Through Darker Days (Mature)   Through Darker Days (Mature) - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 9:32 pm

Darius took a seat as the elder began to reveal more information. He quickly glanced at Emilia. The way she said Bailey Bones made him feel like the girl had seen this witch before. Though, he figured that if it was important, Emilia would tell him about it later. He waved his hands off. "Let's not make assumptions about this Bailey Bones being enslaved, now. Though, such an evil witch near my town is definitely a bit suspicious..." His voice trailed off and he tried to think and connect the nearly non-existent dots of information they had. "But hearing the auctioneers being involved, plus Bailey Bones... it seems interesting." He stood up. "Thanks for the information. I'll be sure to use your potions wisely." With that, the two headed off, hand-in-hand.

"Right." He said, looking around town for an auction. "I'm going to be totally honest with you right now, seeing as being not honest with you the last time didn't go so well." Darius let go of her hand temporarily. He reached into his backpack and pulled out three potions he bought from the elder. "One of them heals the spirit or something... the other heals pains or injuries or something like that. And this one." He put the other two potions away and held the pink one. "I decided to get a love potion. Figured that if we're going against witches, we might as well have anything we can at our disposal." He put the last potion away. "I would never, ever take advantage of a woman with that love potion." He smiled, reaching to hold her hand once more. Darius playfully bumped his shoulder against her.

"This place is pretty peaceful. There were reports that this place was supposed to be a revolutionary ground because of the slave issue." Darius told Emilia of news that was months old, since news spread rather slowly. Who knew what happened after that. "Ah, the auction! Come on!" He spotted the place and ran towards it. 

---

The bustling city seemed to mask the faint shadow flying above, and even encircling the two from the skies. It was the same crow as before.
Back to top Go down
Elmina

Elmina

PostSubject: Re: Through Darker Days (Mature)   Through Darker Days (Mature) - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 7:23 pm

Emilia was surprised by Darius' words. He was right. They were smart enough, they could avoid getting kidnapped. The confidence he held was enough. She smiled a bit as he joked. Although she did feel a bit better now that she wasn't the only human. The Vendor smiled and heard Darius' question. She seemed to be thinking of it. "...Bailey Bones..." she had said with a eerie and uncomfortable tone. Emilia stood up beside Darius. "Bailey Bones?" she asked. The woman nodded. "Yes, She is used to kidnap children, some say that she consumed them." the woman had said seeming to be sickened by the whole thought. The woman sighed. "But there's a well outside of the city, and she is supposed to be trapped in it. It's barred and everything. I heard she cursed the people that had thrown her in there." the Vendor said with a quiet tone. Emilia's eyes flickered. "That's it, what if someone from your village had enslaved her there? And she cursed your town?" she asked him. "We need to speak with her." Emilia had said feeling accomplished. The woman shook her head. "That's no use. She's been in there for weeks, She's got to be dead by now." the Vendor suggested. Emilia sighed. "Well, we should atleast find a slave auction and ask some of the auctioneers about it. Then we will check the well for any other clues." she had said looking to Darius. The woman nodded. "Do be careful children. Don't become someone's dinner." she warned with a dark laugh. Emilia had taken Darius' hand and left the Potion Shop in Discomfort. "An auction house is what we should look for now." she had said as they began to wonder around the city.
Back to top Go down
Frozenflame

Frozenflame

PostSubject: Re: Through Darker Days (Mature)   Through Darker Days (Mature) - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 7:07 pm

Darius winked. "Women love a guy with confidence." Though, he was caught off guard by the elder's next statement. "Hmm? One moment you're talking about me getting with her and now you're telling me to stay away? You're confusing me, gramps." He chuckled, then saw Emilia return with a very long rope. He didn't question why she bought it. She was smart enough, so he was sure that she had bought it all for good purpose. 

Once they made it into the shop, Darius sat in a nearby stool while the two began to chat. He was happy too about the news that they received. So excited that he reached to grab both of her hands with his with a great smile on his face. Darius looked over at the vender when the she continued to speak. His frown grew bigger after every sentence the elder uttered. He let go of Emilia's hands and dropped them to his side. When she said that the informant was right, Darius looked a bit shocked. "R-right about what?!" He jolted. Once he understood that she was talking more so about the slavery than the two of them as an item, he let a sigh of relief and gave a small smile.

He reached over and wrapped one of his arms around his partner. "Emilia... I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit." His voice grew more confident as he spoke. "Remember those rules you told me to follow when we got in this village? You knew about the slavery. But you didn't care and wanted to get involved because you knew- no. Both you and I knew that we weren't going to be captured. You can ride a freaking dragon. Nobody that awesome can ever be sold into slavery." His other hand reached over to remove her hands from her face. With the same hand, he placed his index finger under her chin and tilted it so she would look him straight in the eyes. "Now's not the time to give up hope. We've just started this little adventure and we've got a lead. So... smile. Because I think you look pretty when you smile." His crimson eyes appeared sincere. "Let's not forget either. You've got the Great Darius on your side. You can't lose with that trump card." He lightly joked.

Darius stood up right after that and looked at the elder with a renewed determination. "We have one more question." He announced. "What was the last witch, sorcerer, or anything magical disturbance thing you've heard of?"
Back to top Go down
Elmina

Elmina

PostSubject: Re: Through Darker Days (Mature)   Through Darker Days (Mature) - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 6:19 pm

The woman had listened to Darius. His comment, that he was "Fabulous". The woman had rolled her eyes. "Oh honey, if a man is as conceded as you it would definitely take more than a love potion to help you out." she had said throwing the money in a bag.  "That girl, is a witch you know. You would be safer to stay away from her." the woman had said as Emilia had made her way back. She had purchased a very, very long rope. It was rolled up together and she placed it in her bag. She had also bought some food that hadn't needed to be cooked. "So did you buy anything that wasn't worthless?" she asked Darius as the woman shot her an angry look. "Sorry Lady. Look, my-" she turned to Darius. "-friend...and I need to ask you some things. Can we get a little privacy?" She asked. The woman groaned and opened the counter so they could walk into the brewing area. She closed a curtain that shaded the area. The only light they had was the radiating glow from a potion that was being brewed at the time. The woman moved stirring it. "So? Ask your questions. Three questions for three potions." she had said as she became impatient. Emilia sighed. "Well, you are a witch, do you of any mages, or warlocks, sorcerers, that aren't exactly...friendly?" she asked trying to word her question right. The woman had turned looking to the girl. "Oh honey, No one is friendly anymore." she answered. Emilia had sighed. "Okay...what about the Town that is nearby? Do you know of any rumors about it?" She had asked curiously. The woman had stopped stirring. She was thinking hard. "Well, I haven't heard much, although, you may want to ask the Auctioneers." she had said finally giving a bit of useful information. Emilia stood up happily. "You hear that?" she asked turning to Darius. "We're one step closer to finding the guy that ruined everything." she had said joyfully. The woman lightly shook her head. "Before you get too excited Miss Emilia, You may want to think this through, you are young and beautiful, and your little boyfriend is rather handsome, plus, since he's a man and young, you both would be rather good to buy, the men who have been kidnapping people and selling them into slavery, may want to take you two as well." she had said with a stern tone. Emilia's happiness had disappeared. "She's right." the girl had whispered. She had sat down again beside Darius and held her hands over her eyes. "Oh, Ezra..." she mumbled seeming upset again.
Back to top Go down
Frozenflame

Frozenflame

PostSubject: Re: Through Darker Days (Mature)   Through Darker Days (Mature) - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 5:54 pm

Darius couldn't quite tell if she took his comment to heart or not, but assumed that she didn't. "Why of course." He teased. Darius grasped her hand and trailed behind her, silently smiling. It... was nice. He noticed that she was bringing him towards the building with the crow on it. "Wait, Emilia! I think you're supposed to stay away from crows. They're bad luck, I tell you!" The two arrived in front of a vendor. The old woman seemed persistent on selling her goods, but he was glad that Emilia trusted him enough to allow him to make his own purchase. "Don't mind her... She has a right to be mad. Besides, if all goes well we won't be together for long." He was more so talking about their journey to find the one behind all of their problems, than any relationship things they had going, if any. He basically tore her apart once she found out that he drugged her dragon. "...But she's not... bad. She's can be nice... and cute." He blushed and appeared to zone off but then bit his lip and looked back up at the vender. He looked around to see if Emilia had heard him. It appeared she was elsewhere. "We're just traveling together for a while. That's all." He said.

When she placed the potions in front of him, he silently listened to what each had to offer. He gave the old woman a strange look every time she tried to make a reference to Emilia. "Hmm... all of those potions seem to be pretty nice." His eyes glanced between the three of them. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a few coins. With a large smile on his mouth, he decided on his purchase. "I'll take all three." 

Once the purchase was made, Darius stayed near the stand until Emilia would come back. "You know, grandma, I always like to stock up on everything. I don't need a potion to make her fall in love with me. You know why?" He leaned in to whisper into her ear. "Cause I'm fabulous." Darius began to bask in his glory for a while. "And besides, if you knew what I did to her, you'd know that a love potion wouldn't be enough." He smiled, unclear that his statement sounded far more suggestive than it should have. 
Back to top Go down
Elmina

Elmina

PostSubject: Re: Through Darker Days (Mature)   Through Darker Days (Mature) - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:20 pm

Emilia had sighed. This boy was being a major pain. "Well, You know Darius..." she has said before appearing in front of the boy. "People who break the rules pay the price. Another thing about men is that they leap before they think. So, try to stay on my level." she had told the boy with a smile before turning as she walked in front of him. As they moved closer you could hear the bustling of the city folks. Children cheered and ran around having fun. "Well, let's see...where should we start..." she had mumbled to herself. The girl saw a crow and squinted her eyes at it. The building that it was perched on was a market. "Hmmm...Perfect!" she thought. "Here, this way." she had said taking Darius' hand and left inside the building. The smell of the place was a mixture. First, the aroma of flowers. Making it seem sweet. Then, the smell of food that almost made you hungry. And then the odd smells, of potions. A woman was brewing. The sight, it was brightly colored. People bustled in and out of the doorways or were purchasing items. Some were buying potions. Voices were heard. Although you couldn't hear a full conversation without another interrupting. Emilia had looked around. "Let's start with the Potion Shop lady okay?" She asked Darius as she made her way to the Counter. Once they got there the girl finally let go of Darius' hand. The woman saw the two. "Yes? What can I get for you, as you can see I have many, many potions!" she bursted happily. Emilia had sighed. "We're not here to buy anything, we have a few questions to ask you." she had replied.

"Little girl, if you are not here to buy a potion then I suggest you go waste someone else's time." she had snapped. Emilia felt herself become furious and her hands turned to fists. "Look lady...We will buy something, then you have to answer our questions." Emilia had offered. The woman nodded satisfied. She turned to Darius. "Pick something out. I'll be back in a moment." she had ordered and left to a different stall. The woman had turned to Darius. A smile appeared. "Hello there." she greeted him. "My, my, you must be down on your luck. Such a attitude problem that one." she had said looking at viles. "I can suggest a few, but not many can help her." the woman had said with a laugh. She picked up a few bottles. And sat them on the counter in front of Darius. "There, these potion's, are very good." she had suggested. "This potion..." she started picking the first one up had a bright blue liquid in it. "Can relieve the soul and body of pain or scars. Even that girl can't deny it." she had said jokingly. Then the other, which was Green, and seemed disgusting. "This, is more or less for a sick one. It will make them feel better, for awhile. Sometimes these things take time, this potion does just that, it gives you time." she had said with a smirk. The last one had pink liquid in it and seemed inviting. "This one, is a love potion." she had said with a big smile. Holding it up to Darius she seemed to be joking though. "Give this to your little friend and she'll never be mean to you again. You two seem cute together. It's a shame she doesn't love you, wouldn't it be nice to have someone like that?" she asked setting it down. "Which one would you like?" she asked leaning forward, eager that she was making money.
Back to top Go down
Frozenflame

Frozenflame

PostSubject: Re: Through Darker Days (Mature)   Through Darker Days (Mature) - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 3:52 pm

Darius somehow found the strength to smile. "Hm? Come now. You don't think I'm that easy, do you?" He said in a suggestive tone. He thought that it must be a pain to go to a city where she could have lost her mother. He remained silent, clearly able to tell that she was mad at him having poisoned her. Oh man, how he had to close his eyes and hold onto the girl. He basically grabbed onto anything he could to still remain on the dragon and not fly off of it. "I-Is this safe?!" He asked, though the roar of the wind most likely gushed out his question. 

Once he dismounted and regained a bit of his balance and held back the urge to throw up, Darius walked beside Emilia. "Hm? You don't have to worry about me. I can protect myself." He boasted. Once she shot him a list of rules, Darius waved it off. "Let me tell you something. I'm a guy. And you know what guys do? We screw the rules." With that remark, he joyfully trotted ahead of her.

---

A lone crow flew above, encircling the general area, before landing on the roof of one of the many buildings in the town. 

Back to top Go down
Elmina

Elmina

PostSubject: Re: Through Darker Days (Mature)   Through Darker Days (Mature) - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 2:59 pm

Emilia sighed. "Well I don't exactly trust you." she had informed him. She had sighed. "But If I do fail at finding a cure atleast Ezra will have one good last meal." he had said to him. It wasn't really clear if she was joking or being serious. "The city is a good place to start. There are many Sorcerer's and mage's and witches and so on, atleast one of them should have heard something." she had told Darius. When Darius had talked more on the plague Emilia sighed. "Yes, well If it's from ten minutes to ten days, Ezra's live has been shortened thanks to you." she had stated coldly. There was a nice calm looking forest near the city outskirts. "Okay Ezra...Land." she had ordered. The girl took a hold of Darius' hand as Ezra Completely shot down, Doing a dive. You could hear the wind break. Slyly swooping back up he landed almost beautifully. "Good job Ezra!" the girl had praised him. She turned to Darius. "Okay, so, just a few things..." she had started before sliding off the Dragon. "Do not leave my side. This city is crooked. They will kidnap anyone who's alone, and will sell them into slavery. You must be careful!" she warned him. "Second, if anyone offers you anything for free, Don't take it." she had said as she walked along Ezra's side. "And three, Don't tell anyone your name. Unless I tell you that you can." she had finally told him. "It is, critically important, that you Stay with me, don't take anything for free, and that you keep your name to yourself!" Emilia exclaimed.
Back to top Go down
Frozenflame

Frozenflame

PostSubject: Re: Through Darker Days (Mature)   Through Darker Days (Mature) - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 2:31 pm

"It wasn't for any bad intentions!" He tried to defend himself. The woman seemed to cherish the dragon a lot, though he was sure that she knew the dragon would be far from dying- at least from a human perspective. He had always heard that dragons lived for eons. He already felt bad enough that when she said that he was going to help, he didn't think twice. "I-I'll help you." His hand began to diffuse, wiping away the sphere of darkness in his hand. He followed the girl and mounted the dragon. Though as soon as they set off he felt dizzy. How many people had traveled by the air before? Probably not many. "Hmm? Why are you trusting me so easily? I poisoned your dragon, after all." He asked, his hands tightly wrapped around her because he was in truth pretty scared. "N-no, I'm not scared." He insisted.

"We're not even sure if there's any evidence in this next city of whoever created the plague. But, I guess it's a start." He said. "My family died from it. The plague killed them off one by one. Though, they were all humans. Your dragon... may last longer." He tried to comfort the girl even just a little. "And uh... I'm not too sure how to speak dragon, but can you tell him I'm sorry?" He laughed nervously, though he truly felt bad for the dragon from the bottom of his heart.
Back to top Go down
Elmina

Elmina

PostSubject: Re: Through Darker Days (Mature)   Through Darker Days (Mature) - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 2:20 pm

Emilia's eyes grew dark. "You poisoned my Dragon?!" she yelled at the boy. She turned to see Ezra's eyes. The anger turned into sadness. "E-Ezra's...Dying?" she asked She felt her legs go numb. Emilia fell to her knees. The girl had held her hands over her eyes. She began to cry. "My friend..." she whispered. Emilia had looked to the Dragon who made a soft groan. She stood up and began pacing. "He will not die...Okay...Ezra I'll save you so don't worry..." she had said although she herself was beginning to panic. "We'll find out who plagued the town, and I'll find out what the cure is...And It'll save you...I'll save you." she assured Ezra with a nervous smile. The dragon had just groaned in response. She pet him for a moment then turned to Darius. "Darius, You are coming with us." she had rather ordered him. The girl walked over to him taking his hand and led him back to Ezra. She moved towards Ezra's neck and climbed on. She pulled Ezra with her and made him walk with her along his neck to the back of Ezra. "Sit down. And hold on." she had said to the boy. Sitting down she pat the dragon's back. "Okay Ezra, let's get closer to that city." she had said with a soft voice. Ezra's wings began to move and wind brushed the nearby trees. Slowly, the three lifted off the ground. And began soaring through the air. "A-Are you okay Darius?" she asked him to make sure the boy wasn't scared.
Back to top Go down
Frozenflame

Frozenflame

PostSubject: Re: Through Darker Days (Mature)   Through Darker Days (Mature) - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 2:04 pm

Darius bit his lip when she asked to travel with him. "I'm not too sure. Everyone finds a way to shun me." His voice was more so bitter and full of anger than self-pity. He raised his eyebrow when Emilia revealed her story to him. There were small pieces of information that rang in his mind. He had heard about a sorcerer being taken into slavery in a nearby city. It was big news, even now. Though, news regarding that woman disappeared as fast as it arrived. Could she perhaps be Emilia's mother? He thought about it for a while, but it was soon interrupted once the world around him began to shake.

The large dragon emerged from the cavern and Darius, too, was knocked off guard by it. As soon as he stood up, he saw Emilia run towards the dragon. The poison was beginning to take effect. He had no idea how sharp the girl was with her skills, but she suddenly became suspicious with him. He dusted himself up and stood up. "I-I was heading out to search for the one who caused the plague, r-remember?" He took a step back. Darius held one hand behind his back and allowed a small sphere of pure dark energy to conspicuously appear in it. If Emilia or the dragon attacked, Darius would have to defend himself. He gave a sigh. "I thought your dragon was the one who did this to the village. So... the same plague that my people were suffering... your dragon suffers now too." He said in a low voice. "Then I found out that you two weren't really behind it. So, there wasn't anything I could do!" Darius explained.
Back to top Go down
Elmina

Elmina

PostSubject: Re: Through Darker Days (Mature)   Through Darker Days (Mature) - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 1:33 pm

Emilia had stopped feeling that she couldn't move anymore. The girl's eyes locked with Darius' and she could feel the seriousness of what he was saying. The girl had sighed. He 'warned' her. Emilia had moved closer. "Darius." she had said his name. "I'm not afraid of you. I have not shunned you. Why not travel with me? I bet, whoever has plagued your town, is the same person who has cursed me." she said to the boy. Emilia sighed and lowered her eyes. "I was a mage's daughter. I never knew him. He was killed. And my mother was captured and sold into Slavery in a city near here. So I have no idea where she is. But I heard that she was once a sorceress. My magic used to be very strong. I am also very good with medicines. I can give some to the people in the town, it would help them for awhile. But if that town has been cursed then it will only prolongue it." she informed him.  Emilia turned facing away from the path to Darius' Town. "There." She said pointing in the distance. You could see buildings. It was a city. "That's where we should start." she had said to him. "Ezra will fly us there." she had announced with a smile. "Ezra!" she called for her dragon. It was silent for a moment. Then a mighty "roar" broke the silence. It was so powerful the ground even shook! Emilia hadn't predicted Ezra being so angry she had fallen on the ground. "What's wrong with Ezra?" she asked standing up. The dragon crept out of the cavern. His long neck stretched and his wings too. Obviously cramped from hiding in a cave all day. He roared again. His mouth opened showing his gaping jaw and sharp teeth. He was looking at Darius. Furiously. Blood dripped from its mouth, not much but a little bit. Emilia stood still. "E-Ezra?!?" she cried running to him. The dragon lowered his head as Emilia hugged him trying to calm him down. "What's wrong? Are you sick? Ezra please calm down." she begged him. Ezra's eyes turned to Darius. Peircing him. Emilia was still unsure of what was going on. She had noticed the eye contact and turned to Darius. "Exactly why were you in the Cavern with My Dragon?" she asked him suddenly becoming serious and cold.
Back to top Go down
Frozenflame

Frozenflame

PostSubject: Re: Through Darker Days (Mature)   Through Darker Days (Mature) - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 12:58 pm

Darius flushed in embarrassment. "I know nearly everyone in the town. Introductions aren't usually necessary..." His voice trailed off, before looking back up. When she explained that she was cursed too, he raised his hand as if he wanted to ask a question. "Wait. You can cast magic? So you're like a... witch or something? I mean, what are you?" He asked, trying not to sound too rude to the girl who was helping her out. The girl's closeness made him flinch, and hid fingernails lightly dug into the dirt beside him. If this girl and the dragon were truly innocent, how could he tell her that he had poisoned her dragon? The girl seemed a lot more open than he thought she would be. He assumed she would be a bit more reserved, given her situation. "W-wait!" He stood up and looked at his unfinished bread. Darius glanced at the bread, then at the dragon. He tossed the bread to the dragon and ran after Emilia. Poor Dragon, He thought. Who knows how long he has left. 

He ran to catch up with Emilia. "You don't understand! I've known those people my entire life and they're probably preparing to lynch me right now. If I go back, they'll definitely see my red eyes and kill me." Darius tried to reason, and grabbed a hold of her wrist as to stop her from walking. He was serious. His crimson eyes locked onto hers. "The only way I'm ever proving my innocence is bringing back this person." He let go of her finally. "-And I suggest you not get involved with me." He commented, knowing that Emilia would come to hate him if she knew what he did.
Back to top Go down
Elmina

Elmina

PostSubject: Re: Through Darker Days (Mature)   Through Darker Days (Mature) - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 11:45 am

Emilia smiled listening to the boy. "Darius Faust." she repeated. She had looked over to see the boy. "Well, I guess introductories are not common with you then?" she asked with a light laugh. "I am Emilia. and this brute right here-" she had said referring to the Dragon. "Is My best friend Ezra." she haf said happily. The dragon blinked a few times nuzzling the girl. "I am an orphan. Plus, your village isn't the only thing thats cursed. I am too." she had said holding out her hands. Light radiated from them making the fire a bit bigger. She sighed. "I am losing my magic, as are most sorcerers, warlocks and so forth." she had explained. "But, I bet whoever is draining my powers, has plagued your home." she had told him with a serious tone. She had leaned forward to see the boy better. "Why so glum? So your town has shunned you. I am too. Wouldn't it be nice if you found the culprit? Ezra and I could help you." she had said before standing up. The girl took Darius' hand and left the cavern. She had sighed as the sun brightly shone. "Let's see..." she whispered. The girl had turned to Darius and smiled at him. "Let's go back to the village and you can offer to find who is really causing all this harmm." she had said to the boy. "Ezra will stay here. He's still tired anyways." she had said as she turned to the path that led to town.
Back to top Go down
Frozenflame

Frozenflame

PostSubject: Re: Through Darker Days (Mature)   Through Darker Days (Mature) - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 11:11 am

Darius nearly fumbled his bread the moment the girl called out his name. He quickly turned to see that it was the same girl he saw in the town. "Hey, you're that girl from before!" He declared obviously. Then, the dragon awoke. "Shoot..." He shot up immediately and grabbed his belongings, only to realize that the dragon did not come to attack him nor the girl. In fact, the stranger and dragon appeared to be friends. Had the dragon somehow used magic to enslave this woman? It was such a shame too, being such a looker. "Ha... no, it's fine." He waved his hands saying that he was fine with the stale bread, but she wouldn't listen. He shyly accepted the bread and after making sure it wasn't poisoned, began to lightly eat it. He remained in silence for the most part until Emilia spoke up.

"My name is Darius Faust. I was just a villager at the town, but then the plague struck and then everyone decided to blame me for it." He took a bite of the bread. "I decided to head out and figure out the cause of this plague." His eyes darted to the ground as he avoided eye contact with Emilia. "Wait, wait. Shouldn't I be asking the questions? I've never seen you in the village before, and you have a dragon." His eyes looked at the dragon, weary that it might have figured out that it was poisoned and would eat him up right on the spot. "You really shouldn't be here. It would be a shame if someone like you died." He sighed.
Back to top Go down
Elmina

Elmina

PostSubject: Re: Through Darker Days (Mature)   Through Darker Days (Mature) - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 10:22 am

Emilia watched as she realized, it was a young man. He was cute to her. But he had said nothing. It seemed as if he was trying to avoid her. "Okay then..." she thought. She decided to blow it off. As she reached the town people had kept staring at her. She was uncomfortable. Why was everyone watching her. The leader of the town. Tensin, had made his way to her. "Why do you visit our town at such awful times?" He asked her. The girl was quiet. "I just need food for my friend and I." she had stated coldly. Some people guessed she used magic. Already rumors had begun. Maybe it was a bad idea to come to this town. The girl had made her way to a merchant. She pulled out money to buy some meat and bread and other foods. Even though the merchant wanted to refuse selling his items to her. He couldn't refuse her money. The coldly took the foods placing them in the bag and began walking out of the town. She heard people talking about a boy. Saying that he brought the plague to them. That he cursed them. Tensin had tried to keep everyone calm but it wasn't working. The girl had met an elder of the town. "You traveling by yourself, girl?" The elder asked as her voice traveled. Emilia looked away. "No. I am with a friend." she had said trying to move to the gates. But the elder swiftly moved into the way. "How long have you been around here, this town girl?" she asked seeming a bit forceful.
"Awhile now." Emilia answered.
"Where are your parents?" The elder asked.
"I do not know. Dead probably." the girl replied beginning to become angry. The towns people began to crowd around.
"Is she a witch?" One person asked, although it was more of a accusation.
Emilia sighed. She could use magic. But she hardly considered herself a witch.
"I am no witch, I am just a human being trying to live, If you don't mind." she snapped. The girl ran past the crowd and left the village angrily. She had began walking the trail. She wondered where that boy went. "What if...he found Ezra?" she thought. The girls eyes widened. "Ezra would make a snack out of him!" She jolted forward running towards the cavern she saw smoke. "A fire? Ezra.." She ran until she saw the boy, Darius. He had seemed to make himself comfortable in what she called her home. "You there!" she called to him, pointing at the boy. She walked over to him laying the bag down. "Why are you here? Do you not see the Dragon?" she asked him angrily. Golden eyes flickered. It was the Dragon's eyes. He had began to wake up. The girl had looked over to him. "Ezra!" she exclaimed running to him she began to pet him. The Dragon hadn't harmed her or seemed like it was provoked. In a way, it seemed happy. "Ezra, I bought some food for us." She had said and left to the bag. "I'll cook some of it for us." she had said leaving to the fire that Darius made. The girl Had another bag that had pots and plates and such in it. "You." she called to Darius again. "That bread is stale. Why not have some that's not disgusting?" she asked pulling some of the food she bought out. She handed him some bread. And began sitting up a little "Stove" The girl had walked off to the river nearby holding a bucket. She filled it with water and took it back dumping some of it in the pot. "There we go, the meat can cook now." She had said sitting down beside Darius. Ezra Stretched resting its head behind Emilia So she could lean back against him. "So, who are you? Why are you here?" she asked him as she stretched her arms out.
Back to top Go down
Frozenflame

Frozenflame

PostSubject: Re: Through Darker Days (Mature)   Through Darker Days (Mature) - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 9:50 am

Through Darker Days (Mature) - Page 5 X415c9
There had been rumors spreading around the village ever since his birth. That he was some sort of hellspawn from a whore and an incubus- the most lustful of both the humans and demons. Perhaps the main reason was that when he was first spotted in an alleyway, the villagers saw his baby self and a woman covered entirely in blood. It was a gruesome scene, but at a time of prosperity, the villagers did not look too much into it. Instead, he was taken in by a small, virtuous family that cared for him. He began to live a humble life with a mother, father, and older sister. He began to live as Darius, the human.

Then, the plague came.

Darius was helping his family out with a small garden they owned on the outskirts of town and went to return to them by the end of the day. His mother promised him that she would make his favorite soup, and he rushed home, happy as a clam. Though, when he came home, he was shocked by what he saw. The kitchen was empty. So was the dining room. But on the parent's bed was a lone, small body. His mother was sick. He and his sister went out to search for doctors, only to discover that the doctor was busy. Busy with the same cases all across town. Days later, his mother died. One by one, Darius' family became infected. It wasn't until Darius was the last person left that he had no choice. He fled.

---

Amongst the crowd that gathered to hear the village leader speak, Darius stood wrapped in cloaks. People had gone searching for him in an attempt to blame him for this. Some townsfolk whispered in the crowd.

"I bet it was Darius. He probably was fitting in with us just to do this." One mumbled.
"I swear I saw the young man summon flames before!" A woman cried.
"Why are his eyes red? They must be because he's a demon's child!" Roared a man.

Darius winced, gritting his teeth to hold back. He wanted to yell at them. He wanted to so badly. Instead, he left before his skin began to boil. Darius ran out of town as fast as he could and decided it was time to search for some other village to go to that couldn't blame him. Then, he spotted a cavern. What was inside, he couldn't believe. A dragon. Perhaps, the one who had caused the plague. Struggling between fear and eagerness, Darius gained the strength to leave the cavern and head back home. He would kill the dragon.

After he came back home, Darius searched through the few herbs he had. He combined them together with an infected piece of clothing from the plague. He was extra careful to not contaminate himself. Once he brewed a simple poison, Darius headed out of his home. Many people were at the village meeting. So, it wasn't a surprise to see nearly no one outside. That was until he spotted a woman walking the trails alone. His eyes widened, looking at her. Beautiful, he thought. Though as the two walked towards each other, he lowered his head. No, no! She wouldn't even talk to me if the others told her I was a Demon Child. Probably run away and blame me like the rest of the villagers... I'm innocent. I swear! He walked past the girl with great speed and headed to the cavern. 

Once he arrived in the cavern, the blue dragon was still in its slumber. He made a few steps forward, and reached to open its mouth slightly, slipping in the poison. True, dragons were stronger than humans and would probably take the poison much longer to kill him, but the dragon would die nonetheless. Seeing the dragon as no threat, he slid down on the side of the cavern and started a small fire, basking in glory of what he had just accomplished. Darius left the town a villain, but would return as a hero. He rubbed his hands together to gain warmth, and reached in his bag to pull out a loaf of stale bread. He began to eat the bread under the comfort of his fire. 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Through Darker Days (Mature)   Through Darker Days (Mature) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Through Darker Days (Mature)
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Imperium Vividae :: Roleplay Section :: Fantasy-
Jump to: